The Church of the Assumption erected between 1750 and 1760 is the new elevation of two other churches built on another site and collapsed in 1705 and 1749.
Despite its construction in the 18th century, the architecture is reminiscent of the previous constructions with the crossed ribs on the ceiling. Nevertheless, the church is marked by the 18th century and the craze for Greco-Roman antiquity: pilasters and pediments frame the entrance portal and punctuate the interior elevation. Neo-classicism combines with religious architecture.
For all these precious testimonies of 18th century art, the church was classified as a historical monument in 1986.
About twenty objects preserved in the church of Vauchassis are classified as historical monuments, including the high altar in red and grey marble from the 18th century, a painted wooden panel, Ecce Homo, dated from the 1st quarter of the 17th century and from the Dutch school, an oil on canvas, L'immaculée conception, dated from the 18th century and executed after Edme Bouchardon, and a wooden altarpiece from the 19th century.