For 6 people – Preparation time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 30 minutes
12 reinette apples – 100 g caster sugar – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 1 pinch of cinnamon – 6 tablespoons apricot jam – 100 g butter – 1 glass of water
- Make someapplesauce with 6 apples peeled and cut into small pieces, the vanilla extract,the cinnamon and half a glass of water.
- Cook until thick enough.
- Pour theapplesauce in a baking dish and cover it with the jam.
- Meanwhile, peeland seed 6 other apples.
- Empty the upperpart and put a little piece of butter into the hole.
- Place in anotherbaking dish and sprinkle with the sugar and the remaining half glass of water.
- Place in hotoven for 20 minutes.
- Take the applesout of the oven with a skimmer and place them on the bed of applesauce and jam.
- Put back intothe oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Our household is so pretty. We only have the limits of our appetite, and sometimes the Marquis beg me to turn my head, which I do; stupidly, and there he steals a chop or an apple in applesauce from me as if nothing had happened.
Letter, December 1689