For 12 tartlets – Preparation time: 15 minutes – Cooking time: 30 minutes
250 g caster sugar – 250 g almond meal – 1 grated lemon zest – 1 tablespoon flour – 6 eggs – 1 pinch of salt
To decorate: 6 tablespoons apricot jam – 50 g almond flakes
- Break the eggs, keep the whites aside.
- Mix the sugar with the yolks until obtaining a white paste.
- Add the almond meal, lemon zest and flour.
- Work this dough well, then beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently incorporate them.
- Pour the mixture into small buttered moulds and bake in a medium oven for 30 minutes.
- When the tartlets are baked, pour the apricot jam into a saucepan and simmer over low heat for a few minutes until the jam thickens.
- Spread the apricot jam on each tartlet.
- Place a few almond flakes on the jam.
And you on this very long spit, you, The modest chicken and the superb turkey, Alternate them my son like the old Malherbe Was alternating long verses and smaller ones, And make stanzas of roasts spin in the fire!
Cyrano de Bergerac, 1897