The Cité du Vitrail is currently closed to the public to allow work to be carried out on its extension at the Hôtel-Dieu-le-Comte in Troyes. It is scheduled to reopen in 2021.
Précisions ouvertures Covid-19
- Temporarily closed
On December 30, 2018, the prefiguration space of the Cité du vitrail closed its doors.
After 5 years of exhibition, nearly 160,000 visitors, numerous cultural, educational and scientific activities, the Cité du vitrail continues its transformation. Spring 2022, it will invest the 3000 m² of the west wing of Hôtel-Dieu-Le-Comte after its rehabilitation by the Aube Department.
A City always closer to you!
In 2019 and 2020, while preparing its final installation, the Stained Glass City will remain active.
She will propose:
off-wall exhibitions in the Aube
monthly conferences at the Aube Congress Centre
workshops for schoolchildren and those who are unable to attend (sick, disabled)
events in the garden of the Hôtel-Dieu
Dawn in Champagne, European capital of stained glass
- Nearly 10 centuries of stained glass history, 12th to 21st century
- 9000 m² of glass roof prior to the French Revolution
- 2048 bays protected as Historic Monuments
- 1042 16th century and 1439 19th century bays, the two golden ages of the Aube stained glass window
- Stained glass windows in more than 200 churches and public buildings
- An art that is still alive: more than 150 berries created over the last 20 years by prestigious workshops.
- Access for disabled
- Guided tours
- Educational visits