Eglise Saint-Sulpice

About

The church of Saint-Sulpice gives its suffix to the municipality of Barberey. It dates from the 16th century, except for its nave of Romanesque origin (10th-12th century), and it has been listed as a historical monument since 1925.

Saint-Sulpice is particularly remarkable for its Renaissance rostrum where the carved wood allows rinceaux, medallions in which reside fantasy characters, interspersed with fluted columns.
Classified as a historical monument, other pieces of furniture are also classified as such, such as a painted and gilded oak cupboard dating from the end of the 18th century, a reliquary bust of Saint Sulpice in carved, painted and gilded oak from the 17th century, the funerary monument of Claude Louis Bruslé, prefect of dawn who died in 1825 and a 16th century statue of Saint Sebastian in polychrome limestone.

Notifications